Sunday, March 21, 2010

Remembering Emily

Love cannot be measured by increments of time...
An entire lifetime of love can be squeezed into a few brief miraculous moments when necessary.

~ Author Unknown

It was a year ago that little Emily & her twin sister Caidance entered this world. As a photographer for "Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep," I had the opportunity to meet these 2 beautiful little girls.

Emily only lived for 12 hours, but I was able to photograph her for 3 hours of those precious 12 hours. I think of Emily so often... she was so beautiful, and she captured my heart.

Today I'm thinking of Emily on her 1 year Angelversary, and Caidance on her first birthday.

I just love this photo: Emily & Caidance are each holding onto their mother's hand.

I am honoured to have been a part of Emily's short life here on earth and to have the opportunity to allow Mom Deborah to always remember her one little angel that left all too soon.

If you would like more information about NILMDTS or if you would like to donate to this wonderful non-profit organization, please go to www.nowilaymedowntosleep.org

1 comment:

  1. It's been 3 years but my memories of that bitter-sweet day are still fresh thanks to NILMDTS and you, Wilma. I love to hear that others remember Emilie. Because she only lived 12 hours, some family and friends act as though she never lived. With your beautiful photos we will never forget her. Thank you for the gift of rememberance.

    ReplyDelete