Thursday, March 11, 2010

Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep

I can hardly believe it's mid-March already! This year is just flying by... and I am finally catching up on my blog postings.

I volunteer for the non-profit organization "Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep" which offers free remembrance photography for families who are going through the loss of a child. We believe that these images serve as an important step in the family's healing process by honouring their child's legacy.

February 13, I attended one of NILMDTS's training seminars which was taught by Trina Lewis of Creations Photo in Edmonton. Trina is also a photographer for NILMDTS. She did a wonderful presentation for the group of 10 photographers who attended this information/training session.

It has been an honour to be involved with NILMDTS over the past 2 years and to give an invaluable gift of remembrance photography to families who have gone through the loss of a child.

If you would like more information about NILMDTS, or if you would like to donate to NILMDTS, please check out their website, www.nowilaymedowntosleep.org.


1 comment:

  1. I have such respect for you as a photographer. This is such a wonderful organization. For you to gift your time to a family who is suffering so much loss makes you a hero in my eyes. Thank you for what you do.

    ReplyDelete