Sunday, February 5, 2012

Remembering Baby Mary

January 13, 2012

Guardian Angel from heaven so bright,
Watching beside me to lead me aright,
Fold thy wings round me, and guard me with love,
Softly sing songs to me of heaven above.

Mary was a tiny little girl who was very loved by her parents and her 4 siblings.   She was born with Trisomy 18 which is a genetic disorder caused by the presence of an extra 18th chromosome.  50% of Trisomy 18 babies do not survive birth, and for those who are born live, the survival is very low.  Many of these babies have internal abnormalities, but amazingly her heart was normal and beating strong 2 weeks after being welcomed into this world.

It was so wonderful to meet this little girl and witness how very loved she was by her family.


Thanks to Mary's family for sharing a few of these precious moments with me.

For more information about Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep, or to donate to this organization, please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment