Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I Heart Faces: "Barefoot Week" Photo Challenge


This week, the photo challenge at IHF is bringing attention to a charitable organization called Soles 4 Souls.

Soles4Souls is a Nashville-based charity that collects shoes from the warehouses of footwear companies and the closets of people like you. The charity distributes these shoes free of charge to people in need, regardless of race, religion, class, or any other criteria. Since 2005, Soles4Souls has given away over 7 million pairs of new and gently worn shoes (currently donating one pair every 9 seconds.) The shoes have been distributed to people in over 125 countries, including Kenya, Thailand, Nepal and the United States. Anyone can join our cause, and we need your help.

In May I took this photo of my son playing in the grass for the first time (yes, it has been a very, very long Calgary winter!!)
However, I wanted to do something unusual with this photo... I antiqued it then added the polaroid border.
Check out more "Barefoot" photo challenges at I Heart Faces.

3 comments:

  1. what an amazing shot. too cute
    I have joined in too
    plz do visit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that sweet curiosity! His toes are precious!

    ReplyDelete