Monday, February 21, 2011

Remembering Grace

An angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth,
Then whispered as she closed the book,
"Too beautiful for this earth."

Author unknown

Last night I had the opportunity to photograph a little girl who arrived in this world much too early. Little Grace was born at 23 weeks and weighed in about 500 grams and measured 30 cm in length. She was a feisty little gal, but she left this world about 24 hours after she was born. Grace: you will be missed much by your family.

My thoughts are with this family during this time of loss.


I am so honoured to have witnessed the short life of little Grace.

Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep is a nonprofit organization that offers remembrance photography to families who have lost a baby. Donations to support the Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep
foundation can be made here.

No comments:

Post a Comment