Monday, November 23, 2009

Family Photos

I follow some photographer's websites... one of those sites is Australian photographer's Joanne Faulkner. I just love her style!

Here's an excerpt from her blog that I really liked:

Sometimes, when I take family photographs, the parent or parents are not keen to be in the shot, or may not want to purchase any with themselves in it because they don't like how they look. Or the photos, they say, are about the kids and not them. But what about when the kids grow up? They will one day treasure photos of their parent/s in their youth. I agree with David Williams, www.davidanthonywilliams.com, when he says:

"We need to get into people's heads that the portrait of a child - whilst lovely - is not nearly as important as one of the family or with parents….because when the child grows up and has family of their own - they go looking for their parents as young vital people.

I know, I went looking."


No comments:

Post a Comment